Associate & Lateral ProgramsSHARE
Success and happiness in life is critical to success and happiness as a lawyer.
We are committed to providing exceptional legal services while maintaining a friendly work environment. Kinney & Lange's associate program is designed to train new associates and help them become the best attorneys in their field while emphasizing the core values that our firm is based upon and strives for: excellence, dignity, respect, teamwork, and stewardship. Kinney & Lange values the quality of our work product, efficiency in our efforts, and satisfying our clients' needs. It is our belief that each of us can achieve success in our profession without sacrificing our personal lives and interests.
Kinney & Lange attorneys work together. Attorneys tend to be competitive by nature. Rather than compete internally for work assignments or to improve standing within the firm, our focus is to compete externally with attorneys outside our firm and to aggressively represent our clients' interests. Because we spend a great deal of time with our employees, we seek individuals who share our values and goals for both professional and personal growth and fulfillment.
Kinney & Lange will consider applications from qualified lateral-hire attorneys, though our needs vary.
Kinney & Lange's associates receive the following benefits:
- Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
- Contributing Dental Plan
- Pre-tax Flex Accounts for Medical and Dental Care Expenses, and Dependent Care
- 401K/Roth Retirement Savings Plan (eligibility after one year)
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Allowance
- Patent Bar Exam Fee
- State Bar Exam Fee
- Licensing Fees
- Patent Bar Review
- Professional Association Dues
- Reasonable Moving Expenses
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Undergraduate Transcripts (student copies acceptable)
- Law School Transcripts (student copies acceptable)
- Class Rank
- Explanation of Transcript Grading System
- Legal or Technical Writing Sample
Please submit to:
Kinney & Lange
333 South 7th Street, Suite 2700
Minneapolis, MN 55402
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On-Campus Interview Schedule
Kinney & Lange conducts interviews at the following campuses every fall:
- Marquette University Law School
- University of Minnesota Law School
- University of Iowa College of Law
- University of Wisconsin Law School
- William Mitchell College of Law
Kinney & Lange also participates in the following interview programs:
- Loyola Patent Law Interview Program
- Minnesota Minority Recruitment Conference
Kinney & Lange welcomes requests from area law schools interested in scheduling on-campus interviews.